Saturday, December 15, 2012

More Cavallaro Compositions Accepted for Publication

Blogging on this forum for the first time in over three months -- yes, it has been a beastly long semester at the college! -- I feel almost completely out of touch.  Nevertheless, there is good news to report!

I have recently signed contracts with Broadbent and Dunn for my other violin work, the "Raindrops" Fantasia for Violin and Piano.  This will apparently become my Opus 5!

In addition, I was thrilled to learn that the same publishers will also release Alfonso Cavallaro's charming "Serenade" and "Tango," a pair of concert pieces for violin and piano originally slated for publication in 1942!  [Now THAT is a long story, best left for another blog!]  These will become his second Op. Posth.

Meanwhile, I have digested some more sobering news about the music industry. Unless one's piano music is routinely performed by "big name" artists, and unless orchestral music is finding its way to the programs of leading orchestras, publishers simply cannot afford the financial risks involved.  Thus, while all of my music for winds and all of my violin music will be released, none of my piano music will see the light of day.  Similarly, my father's orchestral piece -- certainly a fine work -- will not get published.

That said, however, there may be more publications in the near future.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment