Monday, March 9, 2015

Personal Updates

I have been accepted as a member of Vox Saeculorum, through which I have met a number of marvelous neo-baroque composers -- some of whom write music from a time even earlier than mine! I can mention Gianluca Bersanetti, who channels Scarlatti, Miguel Robaina, a French clavecinist who also writes beautiful (Germanic) trio sonatas, and Grant Colburn, an English virginalist, among others.  It is an honor to call these people my colleagues.

I am also a member of the Delian Society, which is dedicated to tonal music (not necessarily baroque).
*****

My latest venture is a completion of Contrapunctus 14 from The Art of Fugue.  I am following the model of Indra Hughes, whose brilliant dissertation has opened my eyes to many ideas about the work, and who has kindly offered me criticism on my first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment